By Kori ~ February 10th, 2009.
Over 10 percent of the average daily readership of Wine Peeps responded to our recent Reader Survey. That is a fantastic response in any business, and we thank our loyal readers for your input to Wine Peeps. We have studied the survey results very carefully and plan to use them to make our wine blog even better in coming months and years.
We want to give special kudos to those of you who not only checked the boxes and filled in the blanks but took the time to give us constructive advice in the comments sections. It was amazing to us how many of you obviously took considerable time and gave serious thought to your comments. We really appreciate you and will do our best to make Wine Peeps your favorite wine destination on the internet.
For those of you who like statistics, here are some highlights:
- 86% of the respondents said Wine Peeps was either â€œvery goodâ€ or â€œthe bestâ€ wine blog. Even more important, no one said â€œdonâ€™t go back.â€
- 76% of the respondents rated Wine Peeps as a blog they would â€œdefinitely recommendâ€ to a friend or colleague. And no one said they would â€œabsolutely not recommend.â€
- â€œInteresting, Competent Contentâ€ was the overwhelmingly most popular answer to â€œWhen you think of Wine Peeps, what is the first thought that pops into your mind?â€Â â€œWine Reviews/QPRsâ€ and â€œWashington Winesâ€ were the next two highest vote getters.
- The median age of our respondents was 40, with a range from 22 to 65. Men outnumbered women by 2 to 1, and more preferred red wine than white wine.
- The answers to â€œFavorite Varietalâ€ and â€œFavorite Wine Regionâ€ were all over the board, most likely reflecting our interest and goal of helping you get the most bang for your wine buck anywhere in the world. Numerically, more respondents favored Washington wines, but it was not a huge percentage of the respondents.
Several things we plan to do better in 2009:
- Make more videos, including informational videos as we visit vineyards and various wine regions as well as interviews with winemakers and other industry professionals.
- Wine reviews from more different wine growing regions and countries. For example, we are touring South Africa wine country this month, doing an extensive French Bordeaux tasting in March, and visiting the Texas Hill Country in April. This, of course, is in addition to our ongoing extensive tastings of Washington wines.
Further out on the horizon, as we get more vintages under our belt, we plan to develop a Consistency score and ranking system to go with our existing Quality ratings and QPRs, and ultimately make available a sortable database of all the wines we taste, whether they are written up on our blog or not.
Thank you for your interest in Wine Peeps, and please let us know what else we can do to get and keep your attention.
Filed under: Survey