By John ~ April 30th, 2010.
Hi! My name is Sydney, just like the city in Australia. In fact, some people tell me thatâ€™s where my name came from, since my Mom and Dad enjoyed their visit to Sydney so much when they were on their wine trip to Australia in 2005 before I was born. Iâ€™m the little Peep in the Wine Peeps family. I just turned three in January and will be starting preschool this fall.
My mom, Kori, is the Editor-in-Chief of Wine Peeps and also the Taster-in-Chief, and Iâ€™m her biggest supporter. Since you are obviously a Wine Peeps reader, here are five things I believe you should know about my mom:
- My mom is a great Mom, and I love her very much. She loves me and my dad very much, too!
- My mom works day and night between taking care of me and working on the Wine Peeps blog. I hear people talking about Wine Peeps. They donâ€™t think I understand, but I do.Â What they say is special about Wine Peeps is how many different regular features they have; such as the weekly A Wine for Tonight and Wine Word of the Week, and the monthly Women of Washington Wine, Great Washington State Wine Available in [insert city], Wine Tasting Dinners at BaBa (John) and Girlfriendâ€™s (LaGayleâ€™s) house, and the Tasting Group at my house.
- Mom says that she reviewed more Washington State wines than anyone else last year, and I believe her. She took me along on many of her winery visits, and I have made friends with many of the winery dogs. Salsa at Forgeron Cellars in Walla Walla is my favorite so far.
- Mom is always sniffing, sipping, and spitting her wine, but she doesnâ€™t like it when I do that with my milk. I like the oyster crackers best; thatâ€™s what Mom says she uses to cleanse her palate. My favorite thing to do when Mom is tasting wine is to say â€œCheers!â€ and clink my cup with her glass.
- My mom is good at just about anything she does. I want to be like her. She was a great student and a great athlete before she got into wine. BaBa says sheâ€™s a prodigy, the go-to gal for Washington State wine.Â I think that is something good.
If you see the Wine Peeps along the wine trail, be sure to say â€œhiâ€. Iâ€™ll probably be playing with the winery dog.
[Editorâ€™s Note: John wrote this post from the perspective of his 3 year old granddaughter Sydney. Sydney has never had a drop of wine, and we do not advocate anyone under legal drinking age consuming wine or any other alcoholic beverage.]
Filed under: Miscellaneous